I Need Child Care
When considering something as important as child care we know you have a ton of questions. Figuring out how to choose or where to look for child care, preschools, or school-age care isn’t easy. Safety, cost, location, operating hours, caregiver skills, educational opportunities, and the overall quality of care provided are just some of the considerations.
Building Blocks Child Care Referrals help parents take the guesswork out of choosing child care by providing tips on choosing care, information about Paths to QUALITY™, and free referrals to local legally operating child care providers. Two easy ways you can contact us for a referral. Call our office to talk with a Child Care Resource and Referral specialist to run a referral for you today, 812-423-4008 option 3.
CCDF – Voucher Program
If this is your first time applying for CCDF or the On My Way Pre-K program, you may apply online at https://earlyedconnect.fssa.in.gov/onlineApp/home. If you are re-applying for the program, please contact your local CCDF Eligibility Office.
As of October 1, 2021, Building Blocks is the CCDF Eligibility Office for Vanderburgh County residents. We are located at 414 SE 4th St, Suite 214, Evansville, IN 47713. Our contact information is as follows:
- Phone number: 812-423-4008
- Fax number: 812-423-3399
- Email address: CCDFMessages@BuildingBlocks.net
Our office is open Monday through Friday until 4pm. We are open until 6pm every Tuesday.
More Southern Indiana CCDF Voucher agencies by county:
- For residents of Crawford, Daviess, Dearborn, Dubois, Franklin, Gibson, Knox, Jennings, Lawrence, Martin, Orange Perry, Pike, Posey, Spence, and Warrick counties, contact Children’s Bureau at 866-494-5330 or visit their website at www.childrensbureau.org.
- For residents in Clark, Decatur, Floyd, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, and Washington counties, contact River Valley Resources at 855-591-7848 or visit their website at www.rivervalleyresources.com.
For additional information on CCDF Voucher Providers, On My Way Pre-K, On-My-Route Search, Find Child Care, and Learn About Paths to QUALITY™ in Indiana visit Indiana Family and Social Services Administration at https://www.in.gov/fssa/childcarefinder/
To view the current eligibility guidelines for the CCDF program, please click here.
To schedule an appointment with a CCDF Eligibility Specialist, please visit https://BuildingBlocksCCDF.as.me/
To electronically upload your documents, please visit https://BuildingBlocksCCDF.as.me/DocumentUpload
Parents / Guardians – to access your online child care portal, please visit https://www.hoosierchildcarefamily.com/ecccwp/. Here, you can view your CCDF voucher information, your child(ren)’s attendance, payments your child care provider has received for your child(ren), and approve or deny late attendance entries.
- Checklist: Is this the right place for my child?
- Use this checklist when researching and interviewing child care providers.